About the job
Falck UK Ambulance Service is looking for energetic and determined individuals for several Call Handler positions. These will be based on 12 hour rotating shift patterns of 4 days on, 4 days off and will include working weekends and Bank holidays. The working hours will be between 7am – 10pm.
This is a key operational position within our call handling centre and requires a competent and experienced call handler dealing with frontline high volume calls from patients and hospitals to manage non-emergency transport bookings, cancellations, enquiries and checks to bookings.
Applicants with telephony experience and an ability to use telephony and IT equipment and software will be ideal.
As Call Handler, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide a patient centred service with the priority of managing
- patient care and safety at the heart of behaviours and performance
- Use telephony equipment and IT software as instructed
- Answer calls professionally within call response targets
- Accurately record all booking information on booking software systems
- Follow processes and systems to determine the eligibility of patients for transport
- Answer queries competently and accurately to ensure transparency and most up to date information
- Provide concise and accurate information when referring callers to alternative services when required
- Obtain advice from the appropriate person or department where necessary or when dealing with specific transport requirements
- Communicate effectively with the team, clients and members of the team
- Contact patients prior to travel to check booking details and inform patients of the arrival time.
- Responsible and accountable for the health, safety and well being of self and others at all times
- Ensure that company policy, procedure and guidelines are followed when reporting of any near miss incidents and accidents and to co-operate with the investigation as necessary
- Be alert to company policy, procedures and standards, to ensure individual compliance
- Examine medical information provided by patients or hospitals and assess the mobility of patients to book correct mode of transport
- Handle queries from hospital staff and patients and provide information where necessary
- Provide assistance or backup to staff at the line managers discretion, which will include designate controller(s)
- Make the necessary call backs informing clients of vehicles that are delayed beyond the given delay times, POD requests
- Be fully aware of all special requirements of any particular clients (authorised users, passwords) which can be found on the booking system
- Be able to think quickly to resolve problems and work calmly in a highly stressful environment
- Be assertive yet fair when dealing with PTS drivers and ambulance crews over the telephone
- Able to communicate/negotiate with customers at all levels from transport lounge staff to doctors/consultants
- Display professional conduct at all times
- Any other duties and tasks as are allocated to you at the discretion of the company that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post and location
- Attend training organised and apply all training matter in operations as directed
- Ensure all GDPR and ISO standards are fulfilled at all times
- Report incidents and safeguarding concerns using company policy and procedure
Personal Performance Indicators:
- Call handling response time
- Abandoned call rate
- Conduct duties in accordance with Falck values and working flexibility, collaboratively and inclusive.
- High levels of customer care skills
- Telephony experience and ability to use telephony and IT equipment and software
- Attention to detail and motivation to provide high standards of care and service
- Able to work as a team
- Good standards of spoken and written English
In return, we will provide you with an enhanced holiday entitlement when eligible, company sick pay, training opportunities, childcare vouchers, Ride to Work schemes, auto-enrolment onto our contributory workplace pension and entitlement to our Employee Assistance Programme.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com