About the job
Falck UK Ambulance Service is seeking a Clinical Operations Manager for the East of England region, to ensure clinical excellence in delivering a range of services to our clients, ensuring a clear focus is maintained on business objectives, company values, service level agreements and effective relationships.
This will be a fantastic opportunity for someone who is organized, ambitious and loves communicating, to play a key part in the growth of a rapidly expanding and unique company which offers an enhanced holiday entitlement when eligible, company sick pay, training opportunities, childcare vouchers, Ride to Work schemes, auto-enrolment onto our contributory workplace pension and entitlement to our Employee Assistance Programme.
As Clinical Operations Manager, you duties will be:
- To ensure Direct Reports and the staff they manage receive regular mentoring, supervision, continued professional development support to ensure revalidation and undertake annual appraisals.
- To take accountability for leading on service delivery. To ensure conflicts of interest do not occur and the welfare of people who use the organisation’s services and they are at the forefront of all decisions and practice.
- To provide both clinical and operational advice and guidance to organisational wide staff including CTL, local operational managers and frontline staff.
- Maintain clinical and operational performance specific to serving contracts.
- To perform investigations into service delivery exceptions/failures.
- To support staff through the process and provide expert advice on best practice outcomes. To ensure effective judgements are made based on evidence and relevant information. To ensure learning is disseminated to the wider organisation and staff as priority.
- To provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on service delivery including operational and clinical performance, the management of medicines, clinical incidents and the actions and learning implemented to prevent further occurrence.
- To manage risks and use appropriate powers to drive improvement in service delivery and ensure action is taken to protect the safety and welfare of people using services.
- Ensures staff are effectively using and updating applicable systems, including GEMS in line with appropriate guidance, to confirm records are maintained and an audit trail preserved
- Regularly liaise with key clients and attend and present at monthly Contract Meetings.
- To regularly audit organisational performance and staff against indicators created internally and provided by Trusts contracts whilst ensuring CQC regulations are not breached.
- Delivers individual workload as well as working flexibly as part of a team, undertaking tasks as required. Prioritises urgent projects as requested by their lines manager.
- Cultural and operational change to be evident at all levels – one Falck
- To develop, implement and maintain quality assurance processes to ensure all staff under management are delivering high quality care.
- To implement systems to ensure we investigate clinical incidents robustly and share learning
- Deliver and prioritise key CQC compliance projects.
- Deliver on periodic ‘My Contribution’ targets.
- Effective management of staff under your responsibility
- Ensures organisational KPI’s are achieved within the area of responsibility and eliminates breaches of contracts and health and social care act non-compliance.
- Regional visibility.
- Successful CQC inspections.
- Demonstrates team work, integrity and excellence
- Effective management of Budgets
Qualifications, skills and desirable experience
- Leading by example through Falck values.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to develop staff through training and coaching.
- Able to lead change from the front.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders; internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure internal engagement with other directorates, to ensure an integrated approach to services
- improvement and compliance.
- Can contribute to operational learning to embed a culture of learning and knowledge sharing.
- Strong administration skills with the ability to manage large scale projects.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience of preparing and presenting reports on complex issues.
- Competently uses management information systems to ensure an integrated information approach and monitor deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively under pressure to meet deadlines.
If you feel you can fulfil this role and want to make a difference we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your CV to email@example.com