About the job
Falck are looking for a Data Analyst to work within their Data team. Working as part of a small but dynamic team, you will provide both data analysis reporting and system support internally for the business and externally to our clients.
- Prepare monthly contractual Dashboards and supplementary reporting to clients to tight deadlines
- Support Heads of Departments with analytical and concise reporting and summaries
- Analysing data to profit and improve Falck business practices
- Trend analysis and forecasting
- Updating daily and weekly spreadsheets
- Maintain, complete and review all monthly client reports
- Create and maintain periodic reporting using core software daily, weekly and monthly
- Design smart ‘user friendly’ Excel templates for use by others
- Analyse, identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Reporting and benchmarking of contractual performance
- Rationalise and evaluate contract performance across several dataset types (HR, Fleet, PTS Operational, Finance)
- Forecast projected trends based on prior performance.
- Seek and highlight performance and financial damaging trends
- Add supporting commentary and suggested remedies.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and providing support to Operational and Regional Managers
- Administrative support of other business software as required
- To work to the values of the organisation and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues
- To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally.
- To plan and organise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time which are consistent with the post.
The post holder must ensure that the above responsibilities are met and such other duties and tasks as are allocated at the discretion of the Company are within the post holder’s capabilities and within the scope of the post. The organisation reserves the right to review the post holder’s performance on a regular basis and it expected that unless prevented by ill health the post holder will devote the whole of their working time attention and abilities to the business of the organisation.
Equality and Diversity
Falck are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. In endeavouring to become an equal opportunity employer we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; not be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees. The company also strives to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Data Protection Act
All staff must comply with the Data Protection Act and must not disclose personal information regarding patients or other employees to unauthorised personnel. Staff must ensure that patient documents are secure (this includes handwritten or printed job sheets) and are not accessible to other parties. Patient Report Forms are to be completed in accordance with Falck policy and must not be left displayed on vehicles or on stations. Failure to comply with the Data Protection Act may result in disciplinary action.
- The role involves intermediate to advanced use of Excel with knowledge of IF, AND, OR, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, INDEX / MATCH functions
- Working knowledge of pivot tables
- Previous experience of data analysis
- Working knowledge of writing and adapting VBA macros
- Experience of working with Power BI
- Knowledge of R programming and/or SQL
- Experience of working with Microsoft Access
- Previous experience of writing documents & guides
- Advanced user in Excel and Word
- Have previous administrative role experience
- Highly detailed orientated and well organised
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Positive, friendly, "can do" attitude
- Confident telephone manner
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For informal enquiries, please call our recruitment hotline on 02075104275 or send an email to email@example.com