About the job
Falck UK Ambulance Service is looking for a HR Administrator to join their friendly HR team for a 6 month period. This will be a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking for a challenging and varied role within a fast-growing company.
The HR Administrator will be required to act as the conduit with regard to providing support to the HR team in delivering a high quality and professional service through the effective administration across all aspects of Human Resources, to meet the needs of the business as well as CQC regulatory requirements.
The duties of the job holder would include but not limited to:
- To become the Cornerstone subject matter expert and to ensure the integrity of the data is correct and up to date at all times.
- To provide support with regard to the preparation and submission of new starter letters, offer letters, contracts of employment and starter packs.
- To prepare employee letters in relation to any salary, bonus or benefit adjustment and update all relevant systems.
- To ensure that the leaver process is maintained and prepare letters to employees leaving the business, calculate any outstanding holiday and benefits for submission to payroll.
- To collate and analyse staff exit interview data.
- To follow through with Line Managers to ensure that the probationary period is concluded and all relevant correspondence actioned.
- Prepare ad hoc employee letters with direction from HRBPs.
- To administer the DBS process.
- To administer the Maitland process.
Induction and Integration
- Complete the New Starter Form and process in a timely manner.
- Enter new starter information onto the relevant systems.
- Create electronic HR files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation is present and completed.
- Ensure all new employees have the eligibility to work in the UK.
- Responsible for arranging departmental induction sessions.
- Request employment references for all new starters.
Payroll and HR System
- Collate and input all relevant information relating to payroll on a monthly basis (i.e. new starters, leavers, changes, sickness absence and maternity/paternity pay).
- Ensuring all payroll data is accurate before sending to the payroll department.
- Update and maintain the HR System with any employee changes.
- Setting up new starters, removing leavers and updating any employee changes on the HR System and electronic employee files.
- Updating employee holidays, sickness, maternity, paternity, on the HR System
- Provide information to management by preparing reports from the
- HR System as and when required.
- Responsible for administrating holiday entitlements based on length of service.
Health & Safety and Risk management
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To ensure all staff accidents and accidents to others are reported in accordance with HSE RIDDOR reporting requirements via the Company’s Appointed Officer.
- Ensure that staff work to the organisations Safe Systems of work.
General administration and ad hoc duties
- Maintain employee and general electronic files.
- Assisting with management of the HR Team inbox and recruitment inbox
- Ensure confidentiality and appropriate security for all HR-related information.
- Assist HRBPs with ad hoc projects and duties when required.
- Maintain an awareness of HR best practice at all times.
- Contribute to HR projects
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, skills and desirable experience
- Education to GCSE/A Level including (A-C) English and Mathematics.
- A minimum of 3 years HR Admin experience with a minimum of CPP qualified.
- Good knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Previous experience of HR Systems.
- Reliable, and flexible and must be able to work under pressure at own initiative.
- To ensure that statutory regulations and organisational policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To act in a manner consistent with legislation, policy and procedures in respect of Equality and Diversity.
- To work to the values of the organisation and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally.
- To plan and organise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives.
- To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
Falck operates under strict Quality procedures and where these relate to your job you should aim to achieve the required levels of conformity as necessary. You should also make an effort to remain up to date with the contents of the Quality manual and how this affects your duties. In addition you may be asked to undertake tasks that sit outside your current role from time to time to support the activities of the business.
In return, we will provide you with a workplace pension, childcare vouchers among other benefits.
If you feel you can fulfil this role and want to make a difference we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org