Non-emergency Patient Transport Services
Ambulance Care Assistant - Kingston Hospital
Kingston Hospital - Galsworthy Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT2 7QB
- Reports To
£10.06 per hour
About the job
Care Assistant - Ambulance
Care for patients – Support the NHS
Kingston Hospital - Two Permanent Shift Options
4 days on and 4 days off shift pattern, working 38.5 hours a week
£10.06 an hour or £ 20,140 per year
A chance of +£1,095 in average overtime
5 days on and 2 days off shift pattern, working 45 hours a week
£10.06 an hour or £ 23,540 per year
A chance of +£1,124 in average overtime.
(Rest Days may not be consecutive in all weeks worked) - up to 45 hours/week
- A wide range of shift patterns and start times available
- Comprehensive Training and Induction Programme
- Chance to take your career further with more patient caring skills
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Assigned mentors - to help you settle in.
- Up to 28 days annual leave - including Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- We pay in an extra 3% - into your pension scheme
- Cycle to work – we’ll help with the cost of a bike
- Savings schemes – lower prices and amazing discounts on things you buy often
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
Care for patients – Support the NHS in a rewarding job and serve your community!
- Do you want a secure, permanent and rewarding job serving the NHS and your community?
- Do you want to help patients get safely to and from their next hospital appointments?
- At the end of every day, do you want to know that you’ve helped dozens of people get their treatment?
- Do you want variety every day and go home feeling happy to have helped people in your community?
If you have answered yes, then take the next step and help make a difference. Apply to Falck UK Ambulance, to start serving your community in Kingston.
You don’t need previous qualifications – we’ll train you, and help you, to help the patients in Kingston. We just need you to make them feel comfortable and cared for and be physically fit enough to help lift and support some patents. This also means making sure your Ambulance and the equipment it carries is safe and sound – for you and them, every day.
Our patients are not moved in an emergency. They are those from our community who need help getting to their appointments.
Sometimes they need to go to hospital often, so you will be one of the friendly faces they see more often than anybody else. This is where your caring, compassionate empathetic and reassuring manner will make all the difference.
To apply for this role you’ll have:
- A Full UK manual driving license held for at least 2 years.
- No more than 6 points/ endorsements on your driving license
- A caring, flexible personality
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver good patient care.
Vaccinated or prepared to have the Covid-19 Vaccination?
If you have not been vaccinated, please note due to the nature of the role and because we want to keep our patients and colleagues safe, it is mandatory that you have the Covid-19 vaccination if not done so already.
- Once you apply, expect a call from our friendly recruitment team. We’ll discuss your interest in the role, your approach to caring, driving and being flexible and then book you onto a Recruitment Day. The day takes up to 4 hours where you will complete a lifting assessment, driving assessment and an interview.
- Within 24 hours, we’ll let you know whether you’ve been hired and will joining the Falck Ambulance family!
Come and care for our patients, your community, and our NHS with Falck UK Ambulance.