About the job
Falck is a global leader in the provision of Emergency Ambulance and Patient Transport Services. We are looking for individuals who will be able to provide and maintain a caring environment and provide a transport service as appropriate for the needs of non-emergency patients.
What We Offer
- Ride to Work schemes
- Auto-enrolment onto our contributory workplace pension
- Entitlement to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Call Handler in our Atcham office.
This is a key operational position within our call handling centre and requires a competent and experienced call handler dealing with frontline high volume calls from patients and hospitals to manage non-emergency transport bookings, cancellations, enquiries and checks to bookings.
Applicant with telephony experience and an ability to use telephony and IT equipment and software will be ideal.
- Provide a patient centred service with the priority of managing
- patient care and safety at the heart of behaviours and performance
- Use telephony equipment and IT software as instructed
- Answer calls professionally within call response targets
- Accurately record all booking information on booking software systems
- Follow processes and systems to determine the eligibility of patients for transport
- Answer queries competently and accurately to ensure transparency and most up to date information
- Provide concise and accurate information when referring callers to alternative services when required
- Obtain advice from the appropriate person or department where necessary or when dealing with specific transport requirements
- Communicate effectively with the team, clients and members of the team
- Contact patients prior to travel to check booking details and inform patients of the arrival time.
- Responsible and accountable for the health, safety and well being of self and others at all times
- Ensure that company policy, procedure and guidelines are followed when reporting of any near miss incidents and accidents and to co-operate with the investigation as necessary
- Be alert to company policy, procedures and standards, to ensure individual compliance
- Examine medical information provided by patients or hospitals and assess the mobility of patients to book correct mode of transport
- Handle queries from hospital staff and patients and provide information where necessary
- Provide assistance or backup to staff at the line managers discretion, which will include designate controller(s)
- Make the necessary call backs informing clients of vehicles that are delayed beyond the given delay times, POD requests
- Be fully aware of all special requirements of any particular clients (authorised users, passwords) which can be found on the booking system
- Be able to think quickly to resolve problems and work calmly in a highly stressful environment
- Be assertive yet fair when dealing with PTS drivers and ambulance crews over the telephone
- Able to communicate/negotiate with customers at all levels from transport lounge staff to doctors/consultants
- Display professional conduct at all times
- Any other duties and tasks as are allocated to you at the discretion of the company that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post and location
- Attend training organised and apply all training matter in operations as directed
- Ensure all GDPR and ISO standards are fulfilled at all times
- Report incidents and safeguarding concerns using company policy and procedure
Personal Performance Indicators:
- Call handling response time
- Abandoned call rate
- Conduct duties in accordance with Falck values and working flexibility, collaboratively and inclusive.
- High levels of customer care skills
- Telephony experience and ability to use telephony and IT equipment and software
- Attention to detail and motivation to provide high standards of care and service
- Able to work as a team
- Good standards of spoken and written English
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com