- Reports To
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
£40k - £55k (depending on experience)
About the job
Falck is a global leader in the provision of Patient Transport Services. Operating nationwide we have a fleet of high quality and fully fitted ambulances and patient transport vehicles operating across England and Wales. We undertake over 3000 patient journeys per day, providing a transport service locally and nationally to patients requiring emergency support, and those travelling to hospital appointments, care homes or any other places of care.
About the Role
We are looking for a Control & Dispatch (CAD) Manager for our busy operation at Milton Keynes. Using the latest planning and routing system technology you will be responsible for making sure that non-emergency Ambulances are dispatched effectively on behalf of the NHS to transport patients who are eligible for free transport. This includes patients with different mobility needs travelling for out patients appoints, attending renal dialysis and those being discharged from hospital. Your team will work closely with operational managers on various contracts to efficiently control the activities of the ambulance crews.
This is a senior position within our Operations team and requires an astute, agile and experienced individual who seeks a challenge. You will have a proven track record in delivering results and achieving high standards within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. As well as
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Confident with computer systems
- Experience in multitasking during high pressured situations
- Desirable experience in care sector
- Strong geo-graphical understanding & route planning skills
- Desirable experience in logistics/control room
- Make important decisions quickly & independently
Duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Responsible for the operational management and performance of the dispatch system and control centre.
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are in place to meet business needs, undertaking recruitment and selection to achieve this
- Ensure Team leaders and Controllers are trained and developed to fulfil all responsibilities and expectations, providing training and development opportunities where required
- Ensure a patient centred and focused team that maintains the priority of managing patient care and safety
- Ensure the behaviours of the team are in line with organisational values and expectations
- Improvement of systems to continuously improve quality and efficiency.
- Ensure all staff are trained and able to use the dispatch system, whilst adhering to the global/local standards and processes
- Ensure Controllers apply processes and utilise the dispatch system to maximise the most efficient use of resources, in order to exploit commercial performance and achieve the very highest quality
If this sounds like you, then apply now and become someone who makes a difference to people’s lives … starting with yours!
This vacancy may close early if the recruiting manager deems sufficient applications have been received. Therefore it is advised to complete your application as early as possible.