Admin and Support Services
Patient Liaison Assistant - Imperial College Hospital Sites
Charring Cross Hospital/ St Marys Hospital/ Hammersmith Hospital
Full Time - 45 Hours Per Week
£9.60 per hour
About the job
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation that has an excellent reputation and offers incredible benefits?
Following a great year in 2018 Falck is growing from strength to strength. We have recently been awarded a new contract covering the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust in West London.
Delivering first class Patient Transport Services to NHS Trusts and Ambulance Services across the UK, at Falck we pride ourselves on being a ‘people helping people’ organisation. With this in mind, we want to attract people who share the same values and behaviours as we do, which are centred on being reliable, customer focussed and going the extra mile.
We are looking for an energetic and determined individual to fulfil our Patient Liaison Assistant role across Charring Cross, Hammersmith and St Mary’s Hospitals. This is a front line position where you will be dealing with patients and teams from the hospital, both face to face and over the phone. It is a very fast moving environment. Therefore, you will need to be able to keep calm under pressure, remain professional and think clearly when the service is busy.
You will be involved in checking patients in ready for travel, responsible for the welfare of patients in the waiting area, dealing with Falck’s Ambulance Care Assistants and any other situations that may occur. You will need to have a pro-active can do attitude and a strong team ethos.
- Front desk patient interaction
- Building relationships with wards
- Dealing with patient questions
- Liaise with control over patients travel
- Using our transport computer system
- Working as part of a team
- Being friendly and helpful
- Contact patients who have been delayed
- Moving and assisting patients as required
- Attending bed meetings
- Using the phone and computer
- Responding to e-mails
- Filling in incident reports
- Avoiding patient complaints
- Personal Performance Indicators:
- Interaction with patients
- Interaction with hospital teams
- Interaction with Falck employees
- Picking up issues and avoiding delays
- Giving accurate information
- Completing incident reports
- Working well as part of the team
- To drive the highest quality patient care
- To have an excellent relationship with the hospital teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging operational environment
- Good IT skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Professionalism and integrity towards clients and colleagues
In return, we will provide training opportunities, childcare vouchers, Ride to Work schemes, auto-enrolment onto our contributory workplace pension and entitlement to our Employee Assistance Programme.