- Reports To
Patient and Hospital Manager
About the job
About the Role
Are you practical, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, with good people skills and high standards for the health and safety patients? Do you have experience working within a healthcare setting and looking for a new role?
Then we need YOU!
We seek to appoint an exceptional person as our Senior Patient and Hospital Assistant to join our team Onsite Team at one of our leading London Trusts – Kings College Hospital. This is a front line role where you will be communicating with ACA’s face to face, online and over the phone; helping with general queries, performance management and administrative duties. It is a very fast moving environment and you will need to be able to keep calm under pressure, remain professional and think clearly when the service is busy. You will be involved in day to day ACA interaction supporting the manager with HR matters as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have a can-do attitude, reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self motivated, take pride in their work, and have a sense of humour.
- To provide a professional and caring service for all patients whilst in the care of Falck UK Ambulance Services Limited
- Use vehicle tracking systems to ensure data cleansing to maximise KPI performance.
- Support the ACA to deliver the highest standards of care with loading and unloading from vehicles ensuring following correct guidelines.
- Ensure ACA’s are managed through absence management policy completing Return to works and Bradford Factor scoring system.
- Assists ACA’s with training on using their PDA equipment and queries.
Support ACA’s in understand on KPI’s and complete 121’s giving feedback on delivery.
- Assist in investigations of route cause, action plan & preventive action required following any complaints/feedback and/or incidents.
- Spot check vehicles with VDI compliance & support deep clean & maintenance schedules
Salary: £25,000 p.a depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time, Mondays to Fridays with the occasional weekends)
Working Hours: 10:00 - 20:00 with 1 hour unpaid break - Shift pattern will have some early, mid-day & late shifts rota’ed in so you will be expected to do some early and night shifts.
Weekly Hours: 45hours
Location: Kings College Hospital
Dept: Patient Transport
Reports to: Patient and Hospital Manager
If you have a proven track record in delivering results and maintaining high standards within a progressive and dynamic fast-paced hospital transport environment we want to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY: To register your interest in the above mentioned role please apply through the website