Falck's latest CQC Inspection Report
Following a CQC inspection at our head offices at Bow the final CQC report can now be found at Falck Medical Service Ltd (Bow) quality report
Falck UK is pleased to have received a number of positive comments which identified areas of good practice across the business and also welcome the areas highlighted to for further development to ensure we deliver the very best service to all of our patients. Highlights from the report included -
- There was a good overall safety performance and good compliance with cleanliness, infection control and hygiene standards and vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- There were effective safeguarding processes and 100% of staff were up to date in safeguarding training. There was a dedicated safeguarding ‘hotline’ for staff to seek advice and guidance.
- There was good completion of mandatory training amongst all staff groups.
- The organisation had a detailed business continuity plan and clear processes to respond to emergency incidents.
- Ambulance crews kept up to date with national guidelines and good practice and staff demonstrated this in the application of evidence-based practice
- Staff demonstrated a caring and compassionate approach. They communicated in a polite and professional manner and maintained patient dignity
- There were examples of very good involvement of patients to develop services that met their needs
- Senior leaders understood their challenges and vulnerabilities but also recognised their organisational strengths. Managers and the senior leadership team were visible and accessible. Staff told us there was a good team spirit
Kate Lawson, Operations and Quality Director, commented
"We are extremely pleased with the outcome of this report and consider it a true reflection of the hard work and committee all staff make every day in ensuring the patients receive a high quality caring service from Falck. As always there is learning from these inspections and as an example, we are working hard to embed our new performance management systems – called My Contribution – to all employees and since this inspection we have made significant progress in meeting this challenge with a good proportion of employees already receiving their first performance review. We have since had two further inspections at other registered locations and we will be sharing these in future news articles"
Falck UK wish to thank all the teams and patients who participated in this inspection.